Friday, December 31, 2010

To buy or not to buy?

A coworker of mine is selling an Empire army for $300. It is assembled but not primed or painted.

My thoughts on this are as follows -
Pros -
price isn't bad (it's about $150-$200 less than it would be retail)
it's assembled and ready to play but I don't have to fix any bad paint jobs

Cons-
I'm not done painting or playing my Dark Elves
I don't have a heck of a lot of painting or playing time
I'd have to store them

Pros-
I'd have an unpainted army that I could easily throw in a box for travel without worrying about damage
I'd have a spare army for friends to play when they came out to visit

Cons-
It's $300 and I just did Christmas presents and travel

So, my small number of readers, what do you think? Its especially relevant since you might be the beneficiary of such a purchase.

2 comments:

  1. Even if you're not all the way done with the Druchii, is the Empire something you're actually likely to play around with?

    I wouldn't dispute that it'd be rad to have an army just hanging around for guests to use... but that's an outlier. If you're likely to play a few games with the Empire: I'd say do it. If all they're going to do is hang around, waiting for an East-Coaster, I'd say pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on this article! I really like how you presented your facts and how you made it interesting and easy to understand. Thank you. see here now

    ReplyDelete